My love

My love

Monday, April 13, 2009

What You Think is What You See !!!


1. If the maps around you showed the existence of the Northwest Passage, would you believe it? Why?
No. Because the map was make by people. Every one's exploration result maybe has mistakes or inaccuracy, so the map isn't absolutely right. Such as Cabot wanted to found the road to Asia, but he found the new lands for Newfoundland. He also thought the land is Asia. The exploration result may have the mistakes. I don't believe it 100%. I think if you want to know absolutely right answer, you need explore by yourself.



2. If you were John Cabot and someone told you the Northwest Passage didn't exist. What would you say? What would you feel? How would you react?




I think that I was influenced this person's said, because I didn't believe him 100%. I will thanks for him talk this thing to me, but if I don't have map, I go to find the Northwest Passage, too. My exploration is my things, whatever happens I don't give up and stop my plan. I know if I want to know absolutely right answer, need explore by yourself.




3. Find a map by Humphrey Gilbert from 1582. What do you see in the picture? Explain. www.civilization.ca/cmc/exhibiti...





I saw the map, but I didn't confirm this map made by Humphrey Gilbert from 1582. It have fine workmanship.
Every line looks very clearly. Though i don't understand this map want to show what, I think it can help people much.









4. Why did the Northwest Passage suit the goals (agenda) of the European explorers and monarchs?

Because the European explorers and monarchs wanted to find the road to Asia and take some treasure or colonize. Thought they didn't find the Asia, but they found the new lands and there can colonize, take many fishes back, learned how to treat scurvy. They had many advantages and acquisitions, the Northwest Passage suit the goals of the European explorers and monarchs.

5. Feedback loops help us to see reality as a system. Can you think of an example of a feedback loop from your own life? Look at page 225 of your textbook to help you .

For example, like the picture at the top of this post. Biosphere help us know the animals better. I know its are concomitant. If don't have the little animals in the nature, many animals aren't existence. They don't existence, because they don't have food.

6. What did you learn so far about explorers and the colonization of Canada?

I learned a lot about the explorers and the colonization.I learned the experience about Cabot ,Cartier went to find the road to Asia, but they found the new lands for Canada. They became the heroes for Canada. I learned that how Canada were found .I also learned about fur trade, knew how it works and the native people can treat scurvy.

2 comments:

  1. 12/12

    Excellent! You completed your homework! I am very proud of you! Milly, you are doing better than the beginning of the term. I hope you see that and not give up. DO your homework ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo~写的不错啊~
    继续努力~~
    O(∩_∩)O哈哈~

    ReplyDelete